Friday, November 16, 2007

Rain & IKEA

Ah, the wonders of IKEA. Slanty is going to be a different place this year, and it’s all because of cheaply made Swedish stuff. After a few hours with Danette and Clara in the massive store, I emerged with rugs, a table lamp, a blanket, a shower curtain, and a light fixture (one bare bulb will be no more!). You have to start somewhere. I think I’ll blitz the place on Monday. After work, I’ll build a fire, and clean clean clean. Or maybe I’ll build a fire, and take down the kitchen ceiling to evict the squirrels. I wouldn’t mind getting them out of the way early on… I think that might be the best plan. We’ll see what actually happens.

I don’t think the rain has let up at all today. It’s awfully pretty, the sheet of gray, and I like days like this. Netters and Clara and I got to have a nice time at IKEA, and then a fancy lunch of macaroni and cheese with salad. Now I want to curl up with a blanket, some tea, and a movie, but instead, I’m going to the beach for a retreat with Outdoor School staff. I’m sure that’ll be fun too. It’s just hard to get excited about it when what I want most is to take a nap.

Okay, so this is Day 3 of the blog. When I get out to the cabin, I’ll have more things to say. For now, I’m just trying to get used to the idea. That’s right. It’ll be less awkward soon.

No comments: