Friday, January 18, 2008

Arch-tastic

Cold, overcast (low 30s)

Fun! Today was ridiculously fun. After Marc’s work was suddenly canceled, due to a chicken shortage, he spent the day at camp, and we worked on an arch for a little garden. I’ve had kids build this arch twice before, and it’s always been cute, but not, uh, very stable. So I’ve gotten all the materials together, and today Marc and I started to put it together. We skinned the alder trees, then sank the posts, and then put in cross-branches, and then attached two of the archy parts. And it was a fantastic day. The arch looks really cute so far, and I am most pleased.

I like these little projects. Sometimes I realize how much work needs to be done at camp, and it crushes my psyche a little. But then I work on a small project I really enjoy, and it gets almost done in a day, and it all seems worthwhile.

No comments: