Friday, January 25, 2008

Still chilly

Cold, clear (high 20s)

It was mighty chilly again today. Oddly enough, it’s a little more comfortable to be outside in this weather, because outside you expect to be cold, and you put on your hat and gloves. But inside, where you expect to be warm, it’s freezing. I’ve been in a sleeping bag since I got off work. Every once in awhile I’ll emerge from it to go to the bathroom, but if I just want to make some tea, I hop around with it on. That’s how chilly it is. I bet it’s about 50 degrees in here.

Last night I couldn’t sleep, and I’m not sure if it was because of the brilliant moon or because of the cold. When the moon is as bright as it was last night, it’s hard to sleep, but I don’t really mind, because it’s so beautiful. I lie awake looking at Orion, and thinking. When I finally fall asleep, it’s not for long, because the moon comes around to the windows, and moves along the bank of windows throughout the night. It’s pretty gorgeous.

No comments: